Data privacy is of high importance for Rough Riders and we want to be open and transparent with our processing of your personal data. We want to create an environment in which you can share your information without having to worry about how secure it is.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Rough Riders is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
Rough Riders B.V.
9000 Gent, Belgium
VAT registration number: BE0727.832.768
Email: [email protected]
Who can access your data?
Your personal data that is forwarded to third parties is only used to provide you with our services; companies to validate your address, communication agencies to send you the order confirmation, distribution suppliers in connection with the delivery of your order, payment service providers for your payment. Please be aware that many of these recipient companies have an independent right or obligation to process your personal data.
Under no circumstances will your personal information be passed on and/or sold to third parties who are not part of our production process, for example, to forward advertising to you.
Why do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data to manage your purchase online at Rough Riders by processing your orders and returns via our online services and send you notifications of delivery status or in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items.
We will use your personal data to manage your payments.
We will also use your data to handle complaints and warranty matters for products.
Your personal data is being used to identify you and to validate your legal age for shopping online and to confirm your address with external partners.
Your data may also be used to help optimize our website and to send you commercial information or appropriate offers. However, the latter will only happen if you have given your permission and have signed up for the newsletter. As mentioned above, under no circumstances will your personal information be passed on and/or sold to third parties who are not part of our production process, for example, to forward advertising to you.
What types of personal data do we process?
To provide personalized service, Rough Riders requires certain information from you. Rough Riders processes three types of personal data: identity, payment and online trafficking details.
* Identity and contact information such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number. These personal details are used by Rough Riders to process your order, and to ensure it is sent to you as quickly and carefully as possible.
* Payment information: Rough Riders registers your payment details to ensure that the payment has been completed successfully. We therefore only register your payment method. Bank details are not saved and every payment is protected. For more information, please refer to the “Payments” section under customer service.
What is the legal ground to process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data is necessary for Rough Riders to fulfill the service of managing and delivering the order to you.
How long do we save your data?
We will keep your data as long as you are an active customer.
What are your rights?
In line with the GDPR regulation we provide you with rights for your personal data:
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact Rough Riders and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail.
Right to portability:
Whenever Rough Riders processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or based on an agreement, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you or to another party. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us.
Right to rectification:
You have the right to request rectification of your personal data if the information is incorrect, including the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Rough Riders at any time except for the following situations:
* you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
* you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
* you have an unsettled debt with Rough Riders, regardless of the payment method
* if you are suspected of having (or have) misused our services within the last four years
* if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on Rough Riders’ legitimate interest. Rough Riders will not continue to process the personal data unless we can demonstrate legitimate grounds for the process which overrides your interest and rights or due to legal claims.
Your right to object to direct marketing:
You have the right to object to direct marketing (i.e. our newsletter), including profiling analysis made for direct marketing purposes.
You can opt out from direct marketing by the following means:
* following the instructions in each of our marketing emails
* by editing the settings of your Rough Riders account
Right to restriction:
You have the right to request that Rough Riders restricts the process of your personal data under the following circumstances:
* if you object to a processing based Rough Riders’ legitimate interest, Rough Riders shall restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the legitimate interest.
* if you have claim that your personal data is incorrect, Rough Riders must restrict all processing of such data pending the verification of the accuracy of the personal data.
* if the processing is unlawful you can oppose the erasure of personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead
* if Rough Riders no longer needs the personal data but it is required by you to defend legal claims.
How can you exercise your rights?
We take data protection very seriously and therefore you can always contact us via email ([email protected]) to handle your requests in relation to your rights stated above.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you believe that Rough Riders is processing your personal information in an incorrect way, you can contact us. You also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. See more information about this in out Terms & Conditions.
If Rough Riders amends this policy, we will notify you by updating the statement on this page.
You cart is currently empty
don't worry, we won't spam